Thu. Apr 18th, 2024
The Rasmus to Eurovision 2022The Rasmus will represent Finland at Eurovision 2022

Tonight Finland held their national selection Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu 2022 in Turku and it was hosted by Finnish singer Paula Vesala and YouTuber Miisa Rotola Pukkila.

The seven competing songs were all performed and, at the end, the televote as well as the international jury vote decided that The Rasmus will go to Turin with the song “Jezebel”. The televote accounted for 75% of the decision whereas the international jury accounted for the remaining 25%.

The song Jezebel is written by world renowned producer Desmond Child and The Rasmus frontman Lauri Ylönen. The Eurovision entry contestant Jezebel was written in just a few hours based on Ylönen’s demo, after which he told his bandmates about his plan to submit the song in the Contest for New Music UMK.

About Post Author